Sunday, November 16, 2008

AMERICAN IDEAL!


Roadshow you say? You say that word to a leader when she sees it on the calendar at the beginning of the year, and her stomach begins to churn! However.....as the time came closer, even though I dreaded it a bit, it all began to come together. We had some EXCELLENT help with some great specialists that we could not have done it without.







For those of you who may not know what a Roadshow is, it is basically a 10 minute skit. Each group was given a topic (chosen out of a hat), as well as 2 songs that we were to change the lyrics to (also chosen at random). They are usually humorous and very entertaining. Our topic that we were so lucky to pick out of the hat was "Personal Health" from the For Strength of Youth, and our songs were.....Can you Feel the Love Tonight, and Someday my Prince will Come. Our directors used the theme from "American Idol" -- we had our own show, with 4 performers.... Clay Bacon who sang about nutrition, Kelly Alarm-Clarkson who sang about getting enough sleep, Rueben Slothard who sang about exercise, and Carrie Under the Influence who sang about addictive substances.... The Youth really hammed it up, we had the greatest time ever! I did not want it to end, we traveled to three buildings and got to perform it three times, in the car in between buildings, they were singing all the songs at the top of their lungs.... i will say, will can never look hear Can You Feel the Love tonight without thinking of this fun night.

Of Course, Fairway Groves Ward ROCKED the house and was the best Roadshow there. (FOR REAL), but I may be a bit biased.

1 comment:

shannon said...

Sarah,
Your blog is so cool. I love the family photo collage on the top. Can I ask how you did that?